Redrock Millmix Pellets is a mixture of milling by-products consisting of mainly wheat bran and fractions of wheat flour and wheat germ. Fine wheat bran in appearance, with a wheaten smell.
Features and benefits :
- Redrock Millmix Pellets is a source of starch and sugars for ruminant animals, the carbohydrates that are needed in the push for production gains.
- The starch in Redrock Millmix Pellets is converted to propionic acid in the rumen (a volatile fatty acid) which supplies the rumen with energy and act to promote fat reposition (fattening).
- Redrock Millmix Pellets is also the multi-purpose base feed which, when fed strategically, can achieve maintenance, growth and lactation.
- Proteins, minerals, oil and fibre are mainly found in the outer layers of the grain and Redrock Millmix Pellets is richer in these nutrients than the whole grain.
- Redrock Millmix Pellets is relatively rich in protein (14-19 % DM, sometimes higher) and minerals (4-7 % DM), notably calcium (0.07-0.2 % DM) and phosphorus (0.9-1.3 % DM).
- Redrock Millmix Pellets oil content (3-5 % DM) is higher than that of the whole grain.
Feeding Recommendations :
While valuable to production in ruminants, all sources of carbohydrates must be fed with care and in conjunction with a balanced ration. It is recommended that Redrock Millmix Pellets be introduced into the diet gradually over a two week period. As all feeding systems and requirements are different, it is recommended you seek the advice of a nutritionist to best develop a suitable feeding program for your requirements and feeding rations. Millmix is often a component of concentrate ruminant diets, due to its content of important nutrients: protein, minerals, fibre and starch. Maximum recommended inclusion rates are 10 % in calves, 20 % in dairy cows, 25 % in beef cattle, 5 % in lambs and 20 % in ewes. It has a slightly laxative effect, partly because the bran fibre is only modestly digested.
Redrock Millmix Pellets ideally should be stored away from extremes of heat and humidity. Redrock Millmix Pellets should be stored dry away from vermin and covered and protected from the weather accordingly. It can be used in any weather proof environment, but is vulnerable to moisture so must be kept dry.
* Nutritional values are a guide and average values only. Values will vary dependent on genetics, environment,
management systems, storage and climatic conditions.